I. Publications in Economics Journals
- Mitigating the Air Pollution Effect? The Remarkable Decline in the Pollution-Mortality Relationship in Hong Kong (with Chun Wai Cheung and Yuhang Pan), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Conditionally Accepted.
- Avoidance Behavior against Air Pollution: Evidence from Online Search Indices for Anti-PM2.5 Masks and Air Filters in Chinese Cities (with Tong Liu and Alexis Lau), Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 2018, 20(2), pp325-363.
- Do College Graduates Serving as Village Officials Help Rural China? (with Shaoda Wang), American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 2017, 9(4), pp 186-215.
[Data Files][AEA Research Highlight] [FT中文网] [CNPolitics]
[Masahiko Aoki Best Paper Nomination Award, CIDEG, 2017]
[Gregory Chow Best Paper Award, Chinese Economists Society, 2015]
- The Effect of Air Pollution on Mortality: Evidence from the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (with Maoyong Fan and Maigeng Zhou), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2016, Vol. 79, pp. 18-39.
[Chicago Policy Review] [CNPolitics]
[Best Paper Award, China Health Policy and Management Society (CHPAMS), 2016–2017]
[Best Paper Award, International Paper Competition on China's Urban, Housing and Environmental Issues, 2015]
- Surface Water Pollution and Infant Mortality in China (with Jeffrey M. Perloff), Economic Development and Cultural Change, 2016, Vol. 65(1), pp. 119-139.
- Growth, Pollution, and Life Expectancy: China from 1991-2012 (with Avraham Ebenstein, Maoyong Fan, Michael Greenstone, Peng Yin, and Maigeng Zhou), American Economic Review (P&P), 2015, Vol. 105(5), pp. 226-231.
- Does Customer Auditing Help Chinese Workers? (with Jeffrey M. Perloff), Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 2013, Vol. 66, pp. 2511-524.
II. Publications in Science Journals
- Statistical Evidence on the Impact of Agricultural Straw Burning on Urban Air Quality in China (second author, with Tong Liu and Alexis Lau), Science of the Total Environment, 2020, 711: 134633.
- New Evidence on the Impact of Sustained Exposure to Air Pollution on Life Expectancy from China’s Huai River Policy (co-first author, with Avraham Ebenstein, Maoyong Fan, Guojun He, Michael Greenstone, and Maigeng Zhou), Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2017, 114(39), pp. 10384-10389.
[Data Files] [The Air Quality-Life Index]
US Media: [WSJ] [REUTERS] [QUARTZ] [IBT] [Financial Times] [ABC News] [Business Insider] [World Economic Forum] [Yahoo!]
China Media: [SCMP] [China Dialogue] [Sina] [新华每日电讯] [观察者网] [环球网]
India Media: [Zee] [Hindustan Times] [NDTV] [CAN Indian] [Telegraph] [Indian Express] [Times of Indian]
- Particulate Air Pollution and Mortality in 38 of China's Largest Cities: Time-Series Analysis (co-first author, with Peng Yin, Maoyong Fan et al.), The BMJ, 2017, 356: j667.
[VOA] [REUTERS] [JapanTimes] [IndianExpress] [SMCP] [MedicalExpress] [EurekAlert]
- The Associations Between Ambient Air Pollution and Adult Respiratory Mortality In 32 Major Chinese Cities, 2006-2010 (second author, with Maigeng Zhou, Maoyong Fan, et al.), Environmental Research, 2015, Vol. 137, pp. 278-286.
- Smog Episodes, Fine Particulate Pollution and Mortality in China (second author, with Maigeng Zhou, Maoyong Fan, et al.), Environmental Research, 2015, Vol. 136, pp. 396–404.
III. Chinese Publications
- 人力资本，社会资本与农村迁移劳动力的工资决定? (合作者：徐冲、祝成才）, 农业技术经济, 2008, 第1期, pp. 57-65
- 城郊农户土地流转意愿分析（合作者：徐冲）, 经济科学, 第5期, pp. 111-124.